What if I don't agree with the Board's decision?

If you don't agree with the disposition of your abatement application, you must file an appeal with the Massachusetts Appellate Tax Board (ATB), the neutral third party that arbitrates assessment disputes. You can call them at 617-727-3100 or visit their website for more information. While we certainly encourage any taxpayer who is aggrieved by an abatement denial to avail themselves of this option, the Orleans Assessing office will not provide appellants any assistance in gathering data or compiling records for an ATB hearing.

Show All Answers

1. What is a property tax abatement?
2. What grounds may I have to get my assessment abated?
3. How does the application process work?
4. How should I prepare my abatement application?
5. What happens after I submit my application?
6. What if I don't agree with the Board's decision?