What is Economic Development?
Economic Development, as defined by the International Economic Development Council, is the “practice of improving a community’s economic well-being and quality of life” through a broad range of activities that “attract, create, and retain jobs”, and “foster a resilient, pro-growth tax base and an inclusive economy”.
What is the goal of an Economic Development Plan?
An economic development plan will serve as a guiding document for the Town to direct future capacity and resources towards economic development. It will include a set of actionable policy, program, and capital recommendations that help build/reinforce a municipality’s economic strengths and assets, and that address any barriers/challenges to business activity.
The Process of Creating an Economic Development Plan
Orleans Economic Development Planning Workshops
- Economic Development Plan - June 18, 2022 (PDF)
- Draft Economic Development Plan Street Sense - March 9, 2022 (PDF)
- Economic Diagnostic Report - February 2, 2022 (PDF)
- Planning Board Kick-Off - December 14, 2021 (PDF)
- Focus Groups Introduction Slides - December 15, 2021 (PDF)
- Asset Map for Focus Groups - December 15, 2021(PDF)
- Orleans Focus Group Summary - December 15, 2021 (PDF)
- Orleans SWOT Summary Draft - May 1, 2021 (PDF)
- CCC Orleans SWOT-SOW - March 5, 2021 (PDF)
- Economic Diagnostic Presentation - January 25, 2021 (PDF)